It’s been many months since I last wrote on my blog – I apologize for that. Its been a very busy few months, but perhaps I can settle into a routine and write a little more often soon. I have been really busy doing projects. You know I love me some projects. Projects!!!
I love summer and getting outside and doing things. In fact this year I even quit the gym as it was cutting into my outdoor time. I would be in the gym daydreaming about what all I could be doing. I used to put the gym very high on my priority list, but not anymore. I guess getting older just changes your perspective on things.
This summer me and wifey embarked on a complete kitchen remodel and I had the chance to do several things I have been wanting to do for a long time. One was under cabinet lighting, the second was concrete counter tops. I know what you are thinking ….. “concrete?” yes concrete and it really is nice and its not like what you are thinking. You are probably thinking quickrete and rough sidewalk look, but no its not like that at all. You will see in upcoming posts on this website.
Another thing I finally got around to doing was my wine bottle tiki torches around the yard. I even made one for outdoor tables out of empty Patron bottles.
Did a little more landscaping in the yard.
Next thing I did was make a mason jar chandelier for our carport. Its really snazzy.
This is only the middle of the summer and I still have several projects left to complete.
1. Build a sitting bench around a large tree in my front yard.
2. Remake a walking path in the backyard with large fake stepping stones.
3. Pour a slab in an area where our backyard hydrant is.
4. Built a cabinet and concrete sink on this slab.
5. Build a guitar shaped concrete sink.
6. Build a concrete water feature for the backyard.
7. Build a concrete coffee table with ice and fire capabilities. (this will be fun)
That should be enough.
I promise I will start blogging on here more even if its just random mess!